Tuesday, April 10, 2007

itunes

Having failed miserably with my ipod excursion, I did decide to learn to use itunes. My primary purpose is to burn cds for the car.. I'm one of those people who switches cds at virtually every traffic light, putting in that next 'right' song. Having cds full of songs I like - rather than those on which I like every 3rd or 4th song - would be so wonderful.

Itunes is incredibly easy to use. Songs are downloaded through the computer, and I can check off which ones I want. It's fast - 5 minutes or so, start to finish. The one place I ran into confusion was in trying to rearrange the music: it just wasn't working. I used the 'help' tab (duh!) to discover that I had to make a separate playlist (for example 'smooth study jazz') and then it was as easy as clicking and dragging the music that I wanted. Within the playlist music can be rearranged, and I wasted a lot of time listening to the end of one song meld into the beginning of another to be sure the mix was just right!

I'm going to need better speakers on my computer, because now I click itunes open and pick a playlist anytime I sit down to browse email or play cards. Ambience is everything... :)

No comments: